Monday, April 02, 2007

A wish for socks

Today I was telling David about my excitement at my new yarn order. Since I bought so much yarn over Christmas I've been sticking to a yarn diet and haven't bought any since then. But, there are a few sock projects I've been wanting to start (namely a cabled sock and a lace sock) that I feel would look best with a solid yarn, rather than the variegated that I have. So, OF COURSE, I had to buy a couple skeins.

I think Cherry Tree Hill is my favorite sock yarn so far. As of now, I've tried Regia Silk, Opal Seide, Austermann Step, Sirdar Snuggly, Plymouth Encore, and Autumn House Farms besides the CTH. While I love a number of these and will continue to go for them when I have various yarn needs, I loved the feel of knitting with the CTH, and I love the way the finished sock feels. Squishy, thick enough, cool and yet warm, good stitch definition, and nice colors.

So, I bought some CTH in Nantucket Red and Loden. I found it on sale at Chez Casuelle, online.

As I was telling David about my excitement to get the yarn, he mentioned (ever so casually) that maybe, if there wasn't someone else I needed to knit for, and only if I wanted to, and only if I didn't have some other reason to knit, that he would really enjoy another pair of socks. :) Hee hee...this makes me happy. I'm glad he likes his socks. And I love knitting for him, because I know he feels the love I put into his socks. That feels very sweet.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At Friday, April 06, 2007 1:33:00 PM, Blogger Clementine said...

That's a sweet story.

 
At Sunday, April 08, 2007 2:50:00 PM, Blogger LymeAware said...

Thanks Clementine :) I've been inspired by your blogging in the area of "sweet stories". You always share little sweet moments and small stories that reflect something larger. I really enjoy those.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home