Wednesday, February 21, 2007

New (and old) Project Ideas

Thanks to Sharon for the hat suggestion. The Hermione's Cable-and-Bobble Hat is great looking -- and very unique, I think. I'm not sure that it's quite the look I'm going for, but I'm always glad to see other ideas. I still haven't settled on something definitively at this point, but I'm seriously considering the Glaistig. Sharon pointed out that the Wavy Cable Lace Cap doesn't actually have cables in it. (Very tricky of them, I must say.)

Since Sunday night I have been kind of excited about this top I found online. Coincidentally, my finding it was ALSO a result of talking with Sharon. Our planets must be doing something similar or something (change that sentence to sound like I know something astute about astrology). She pointed me in the direction of a designer who knows something about hemp.

As a belated birthday present, my brother told me that he wants to get me 5 skeins of Mother Nature's Forest Collection. I can choose what colors or color I want. I still haven't decided on a pattern, thus I haven't decided what color(s) I want. This yarn is a hemp/wool blend, so I've been considering what patterns work well with it. Well, I've been looking through the website of this designer who does hemp patterns. I'm quite adoring of this Lacy Little Top.

I know what you're thinking:

  • How did you go from winter to summer so quickly? Um, I dunno.

  • Doesn't that look an awful lot like the Simple Knitted Bodice? Well, yes, I think it does. Either that sort of pattern looks really good on me, or I need to adjust my ideas of what does look good on me. I think my first plan of action is that I need to finish the SKB. As summer approaches, I find my interest in it is coming back.

In other news, David and I will be flying to Connecticut on Friday after David's class. He has a midterm until 4, and our flight leaves from Gainesville at 5pm. Wish us luck! My mom is turning 60 on Sunday and she's having a big birthday bash. Sounds like fun. We'll get back late Monday night and easily get right back into the swing of things Tuesday (my optimistic self says). I'm looking forward to time with family though. I think it'll be nice.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home