Tuesday, February 06, 2007

The next installment: Flowing River Shawl and CTH sock

I've completed the 2nd chart for the flowing river shawl, and my adoration continues. This is really my first time knitting something lacy and complex that doesn't repeat much. It continues to inspire me with the surprises in each row. "Hey! those K2tog stitches made THAT! Cool!" I also really like the silk lace- so light and airy, but still soft.

I've also been continuing on the Cherry Tree Hill socks- both because I need to get out this late Christmas gift, and also as a way to balance out the complexity of the shawl with the simplicity of the socks.

I really like this yarn. It's squishy and soft, and nice and round. It feels like there's something to this yarn. The Trekking, while lovely, was still kind of thin for me, I think. Also, talk about surprises- I really didn't expect this yarn to stripe at all. Now I find that this "supersock" is striping in a way I've never seen before- subtle, but still lovely. I like it. The colorway is Northern Lights.
The colors in the pictures just aren't working for me, so I'm gonna post 2.
This picture is darker than the true colors of the sock, but shows the depth of the reds better.

This picture shows the purples better.

Combine the two pictures, and you have a very unusual, but enjoyable colorway- one that's growing on me with every row.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At Tuesday, February 13, 2007 5:32:00 PM, Blogger Hashbrown said...

The shall is amazing. And the socks are great too. I get frustrated by the smallness of sock yarn. More power to you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home