Friday, December 29, 2006

A quickie to cover a lot

I'm back! And truly, while I was gone, I had visions of returning to write a few long posts with beautiful pictures about all the great things that happened during this trip. But, it ain't gonna happen. Upon returning, the reality of all I need to do before January 12th hit me, and I'm trying to prioritize. January 12th I give a professional presentation in town, and I also fly to Philly for my audition. I'm also putting materials together for another presentation I give in June where participants receive CEUs to attend. I find out last minute that the org needs the info NOW. Thanks for telling me.

So, I'll need to wait until later in January to truly post about everything.

However, I can't not tell you about a few things. In LA, I visited FOUR yarn stores- terrific places that inspired and brought many smiles to my face. In return I inspired them with the money I spent, which in turn brought smiles to THEIR faces. Lots of yummy yarn. I keep taking it out to fondle. Also, I got a beautiful Bosworth drop spindle from my mil, which I had asked for. It's perfect.

I don't know how to begin to describe how touched, awed, and amazed I am by the gift I did not expect. My mom and dad went in together and bought me a beautiful spinning wheel. A brand new Majacraft Little Gem. It's portable- comes with a carry case and weighs 10 lbs. My heart feels so nurtured by this gift. After opening it in CT, I UPSed it home to FL. It hasn't arrived yet, but I can't wait.

That's the quick news. Good stuff. I may not post again for awhile. Happy New Year everyone.

1 Comments:

At Wednesday, January 03, 2007 3:07:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What thoughtful, kind gifts! I'm glad for you. And I'm excited about your audition, too! I have my fingers crossed for you. The 12th sounds like it'll be a very busy day! Best of luck to you, and happy new year.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home