Sunday, February 11, 2007

Money-saving sunshine

Well I'm pleased as punch with my clothes drying escapades today. For Christmas I had asked my dad for a clothesline (yes, a clothesline- whatever floats your boat, right?). I figured this was something dad could get that didn't require a yarn store or online purchase, and he really knew what he was doing. Apparently the guy at the hardware store couldn't get over the fact that his daughter had asked for a clothesline for Christmas. Well, Dad got exactly what we needed and last weekend I finally put it up. I was waiting for the right day to use it. Today was such a day.

I was surprised to find how much I enjoyed the process of hanging clothes. I expected it to be work. Well, it was work, but it felt somehow refreshing to be out in the sun, hanging clothes on a crisp, beautiful day. I was using one arm (more on that later), but managed it semi-gracefully (atleast no one was watching).

This is all part of my new efforts to save money in little ways around the house. Since I expect to be getting my Masters in the fall, I will be cutting down on my work a bit and in general, we both want to be spending less. I have no idea how much it saved us to not use the dryer (anyone know?), but it feels good. Also, the dryer is awfully noisy-- not today! :)

1 Comments:

At Tuesday, February 13, 2007 3:16:00 PM, Blogger Clementine said...

You know what? I like hanging clothes out to dry, too. They look so cheerful on the line, and the whole process feels very honest to me. It's "good clean work" as my grandma would say.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home