Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Phooey!

After my post about knitting, I decided to calmly and confidently move into spinning again and start a new bobbin.


I had a good 5-10 minutes where I felt like I was finally getting good at this. Sunday David and I went to the Hoggetowne Medieval Faire, here in Gainesville. While there I spotted a woman drop spindling and got talking to her. I told her my main issue which has been that I get spinning, and then I end up with a big blob of wool in my left hand (non-drafting hand), which I then can't pull wool out of anymore- it kind of gets knotted up. She told me I was spinning too fast.


She was right.


I tried slowing down and really focusing on my drafting. It was much better. Enter 5 minutes of happy spinning and confidence boosting.


I was getting a very nice thickness of yarn- just right. Then at one point I thinned out too much and the yarn broke off. No biggie, right? Well, the problem became that I couldn't find the other end. It disappeared into the bobbin! So, I started pulling out other strands and it just became a big mess.


I don't know where to go from here. How do I pick back up if I can't find the end? I don't want to waste the wool I DID spin by throwing it out to start over. *sigh*


Any ideas?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home