Friday, March 09, 2007

Simple Knitted Bodice and Barn Swallows

My Simple Knitted Bodice enjoyment has returned. (Maybe it's the weather.) I haven't really worked on it since October, when it got cooler and I hit a block in what to do next. But, I'm back on the bandwagon again. On the flight to CT I separated the sleeves from the body. On the flight home I connected the halves of the front. This week I finally began the lace section, and I've now done 1 inch of lace.

I knit 4 inches in stockinette after I joined the front before I started the lace (instead of immediately starting the lace as suggested). Either I have a much longer torso than most people (I AM tall, so that may be it) or my bosom is much lower. I prefer the former ;)
Behold the progress:




I'm also working on these lovely socks from Autumn House Farm in the Barn Swallow colorway. I like this yarn. The colors are different for me, but very wholesome and rich. I'm just now working on the first sock's heel flap.


This week I'm enjoying the Florida weather. It's about this time of year when everyone up north begins to grumble about how long it's been cold and miserable. This is just the time when FL gets beautiful. I'll enjoy it on the porch while I can- until it gets too hot.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At Monday, March 12, 2007 9:13:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your SKB looks great! I finally got that yarn (I ordered it months earlier, and it took forever to get it!), and I'm trying to decide what I'll make from it. Can't wait to see how you like it.

Hope you are feeling better. Looking forward to our friday Snb!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home