Sunday, April 01, 2007

Off we go!!.....or not.

The Simple Knitted Bodice likes to play with me. She tempts me with the excitement of her eventual and beautiful ending, only to halt me in my tracks. Luckily she fits really well- otherwise I might not have patience for these shenanigans.

I zoomed through the hip increases, excited to finish the body! And...bam. I forgot that I don't want to do the standard edge on the hem. I then spend another week figuring out what hem to put on.

Well, Friday I decided what hem to put on and knit it up on Saturday. It was the picot hem, for those of you who were wondering. Today, I just finished sewing the hem under. I was done with the body! Hurray! I put the first sleeve on the needles and....bam. I realized that I need double-pointed needles because the sleeves are too small for circulars. I have no size 4 DPNs. So, I now must wait to pick some up at the LYS.

Ah well, I suppose I should be celebrating this moment. I started the SKB last August- it's about time for atleast one PART of it to be done ;)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home