Monday, May 12, 2008

Where has all the knitting gone?

I have been an avid knitter for some time. I was completely shocked to find that once school started I almost completely stopped knitting. I had to really dedicate myself to get a pair of socks done for Christmas that I had promised my friend Amy I would knit for her husband. I started them in July!!!

After Christmas I really totally stopped knitting. The work of school was just too much and I really didn't feel like it. Not having a desire to knit has been quite odd for me, but I assumed it will come back.

Anyway, this morning I woke up thinking about my trip on Wednesday. I'm going back to Philly for a summer course on pain management and entrainment. But, this time instead of a hotel, I'm going to stay at a fellow classmate's house. Ms. Host and I have steadily become better and better friends, although we never have much time to interact, so I'm hoping I'll get that time this week. Also, my very very good friend Jamie is staying with her too! So, that's exciting. Lots more time for hanging out.

Well, Ms. Host is pregnant and due in September. Another exciting part of staying with her :) So, although Jamie and I are planning to get a few nice gifts for Ms. Host and her family (it's her parents' house), I still felt I wanted something more personal. So, I started knitting baby socks today. I haven't knit baby socks before, and boy is it fun! Moves quickly. It helps that I have time today and tomorrow before the next semester starts. I'm packing and have a few other things I'm doing, but it's nice to have time to knit. And, I'm enjoying it. I'm not sure that I'll have them done by the time I see her, but hopefully soon thereafter. Fun.

2 Comments:

At Friday, May 16, 2008 5:26:00 PM, Blogger Hashbrown said...

Baby things are the best for knitting because they are wicked quick. I

I am also finding it hard to find time for knitting. Hester occupies (happily) much of my old knitting time. And lately, I am too tired when commuting to knit. I just want to sleep.

 
At Tuesday, May 27, 2008 4:45:00 PM, Blogger LymeAware said...

Hey Hashbrown! Why is it that Blogger didn't tell me you had commented? Strange.

Yeah, I had lots of fun knitting the baby booties. I actually finished the 2nd one on the plane to Philly! Very gratifying. But, I totally understand about being too tired or busy for knitting. That's been my story most of the time lately too. Here's to less busy days to come!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home